CONNECTICUT’S BEARDSLEY ZOO
For The Beardsley Zoo Master Plan Update we focused on the following goals:
- Streamlining the zoo’s collection to focus on species in need of conservation
- Strengthen interpretive sequence and storylines
- Clarify and strengthen zoogeographic zones and thresholds
- Define and optimize existing site assets
- Improve guest circulation and visitor services
To accomplish these goals, we reorganized both interpretive zones and zones that focused on climate rather than continent organization of species.
We also created a detailed schematic farm plan that included an outdoor animal exercise area to meet AZA accreditation standards.